Reflecting on Daring Greatly

     What I have gained from reading Daring Greatly by Brené Brown is a better understanding of the relationship between shame and courage. I know that regardless of what my next step is after I graduate I should have the courage and confidence to make any decision related to that step. The way I can gain the courage to make those decisions is by believing that I am enough, I don’t have to feel that I am inadequate in any way. Brené Brown says that we should practice gratitude and lean into joy, I know that I can get stuck in a rut thinking about all of the negatives surrounding me but I need to take a moment to be grateful for what IS going right and the privilege I have to be where I currently am. Lastly I should stop trying to control what is out of my control, this is where I can learn to be more vulnerable and move past the shame that may be keeping me from other things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making some progress

Progress on the Project

Posting a blog with nothing to talk about...