Spring has arrived!

Technically spring doesn't officially start until March 19th this year, but since we are in AZ and everything is blooming and trees are leafing out so I think it is safe to call it spring. Since my future will revolve around plants, spring has become a favorite season of mine. I enjoy watching the transformation that the landscape undergoes and seeing the new blossoms tempting the bees out for full days of work. In my own yard I am observing the trees turning green, the clover is growing tall, and to my excitement the daffodils that I planted last year have sprung up and already have a bloom. I have attached a picture of the daffodil and also some other blooms in my yard: Freesia, Snapdragons, Azaleas, and an ornamental Kale that has bolted but not yet bloomed. This week has been jam packed with things going on which makes sense since we are roughly half-way through the semester. This weekend I will be participating in the Arizona WET Project where community volunteers, usually master gardeners, and college students assist elementary school children with investigative field work in a Riparian habitat. I took part in this last Spring and it was a great experience so I decided to do it again. I hope everyone is enjoying the weather lately. Don't stress over midterms too much! Good luck all!

 



Comments

  1. I absolutely love spring. I can not decide if I like fall or spring more. The weather is so nice lately; it makes me sad because I have so much jackets I have not worn yet haha. Those pictures of the plants are beautiful. I hope Arizona WET Project went well sounds like a fun event.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Making some progress

Mid Semester Stress

Posting a blog with nothing to talk about...